1. Clean Window Screens – Kick off home cleaning by letting more natural light come into your home through newly cleaned windows. Vinegar is an inexpensive and effective window cleaner.
2. Replace Filters –You should replace your furnace filter quarterly and your refrigerator water filter and range hood filter twice a year.
3. Check Your Crawlspace for Water and Test Your Sump Pump –When the snow begins to melt in the springtime, basements tend to flood. Now is a great time to check your crawlspace and test to see if your sump pump is functioning properly.
4. Touch Up Exterior Paint –Check your siding, window and door trim, and fascia boards for peeling or cracking paint.
5. Plan Your Garden. –Typically, Memorial Day weekend is when it’s safe to plant outside, but now is a great time to plan your garden and start planting seeds.